Sunday, October 18, 2009

Triumph

Triumph

Like a wounded heart on suicide strings

I unfold you, and let you down easy.

This precious envelope I fit in,

is covered up with lacy glue,

tepid tape and acidic postage.

I am lifted into heaven

with your clever handshake

and supple smile and I am in awe

of your workman's hands and your

fashionable attaché.

I am yours.

The tension in my lips grows numb.

My feet ache in your direction.

I don’t even know you.

My fear is my love,

and my heart is awakened as once before.

I am beautiful again.

I am a boat crossing a sea, a mountain completing the scenery.

I am the sky’s grace. I can hold all the weight.

I will grow, I will blossom, I am passion, I am greed.

I am again comfortably alive!

Alive among the ruins of my dreams and again

I climb to you at the top of the stairs.


©jnl

1 comment:

  1. i love your poem... wishing you continued strength to get through the rough moments and much happiness to take you to the top of the mountain:) peace and hugs,
    jennifer
    ps. hope you got into your art studio!

    ReplyDelete